Everett R. Brown Memorial Scholarship Fund
The Board of the Northeast Outdoors Foundation established this scholarship in the memory of Everett R. Brown, in recognition of his outstanding contributions to the NOF and the Northeast Big Buck Club in his roles as Secretary, Treasurer, Membership Director, Official Measurer, and NOF Director. We lost Everett on July 12, 2014, but his work to preserve, promote, and protect our outdoor and hunting heritage will never be forgotten, and will benefit hunters and outdoor enthusiasts for many years to come.
This scholarship will be awarded annually to students pursuing an education an career in the fields of habitat conservation, wildlife management, land preservation, research, or other outdoor-related fields of study. The scholarship will be funded by annual donations from the Estate of Everett R. Brown, as well as by the generous donations from the members and supports of the NOF and the NBBC.
Here is more detailed information for thiose interested:
Description: This award is available for current high school seniors, recent high school graduates, and current college students who are members of the Northeast Big Buck Club and are planning to pursue (or are currently pursuing) a degree in wildlife management, wildlife related natural resource program, or conservation law enforcement. The mission of the Northeast Outdoors Foundation is to preserve, promote, and protect our outdoor and hunting heritage. Education is an important part of that mission. The Everett R. Brown Memorial Scholarship program was established in 2014 to encourage and promote education and leadership among future wildlife management professionals.
Awarded by: The Northeast Outdoors Foundation & The Northeast Big Buck Club
Award Amount(s): $2,000 (one-time, non-renewable); Runner-Up: $500 (one-time, non-renewable). All scholarships are to be used for tuition, fees, books, and equipment required for classes to attain a college degree from a postsecondary vocational/technical school or from a college or university. Awards will be presented during the Northeast Big Buck Club Annual Awards Banquet each year, on the third Saturday on July.
Recipients: One primary award offered annually. One or more Runners-Up awards may be offered annually at the discretion of the awards committee.
Deadline Info: Applications are available on the NOF and NBBC websites. The scholarship application must be completed and postmarked no later than 12/31/2015 and mailed to: NOF, Everett R. Brown Scholarship, 390 Marshall Street, Paxton, MA 01612
- Applicants must have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Have a demonstrated and consistent commitment to the support and the preservation of the hunting tradition, and/or related conservation efforts
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate in a wildlife related natural resource program, in a four-year college/university in the United States or Canada; or pursuing a related advanced degree
- Be a member in good standing of the Northeast Big Buck Club
- Previous recipients of the Everett R. Brown Memorial Scholarship are ineligible.
Selection Process: Each application will be screened by the NOF Scholarship Committee, which will make the final decision regarding the selection of recipients. Scholarship Award recipients will be announced in July, with recipients invited to receive their awards at annual Northeast Big Buck Club Awards Banquet. Scholarships will be awarded at the beginning of the fall semester/quarter.
- Download and complete the Scholarship Application Form, including the essay portion
- Complete the student section of the form.
- Sign the Release and Certification paragraph.
- Give the last page to your Department Head or Chairperson to complete.
- Get two letters of recommendation from department faculty.
- Choose three photos that demonstrate your experience and success hunting, fishing, or enjoying the outdoors (photos become the property of the NOF)
- Mail the entire application form (including Department Chair section and two letters of recommendation, essay, and photos) directly to the NOF or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your application must be postmarked no later than December 31st or received by e-mail no later than January 5th.
If you would like to make a tax deductible cash donation, you can mail your check to:
NOF, Everett R. Brown Scholarship, 390 Marshall Street, Paxton, MA 01612
If you have a product or service we can use as fundraiser, please contact Jeff Brown at email@example.com, or call Jeff @ 508.868.4918